Last week there was not a single military casualty; Iraqi or U.S., in Anbar Province. This is the first time that has happened since March 2003.
These statistics reflect the changes since mid-June, which was the peak of the troop surge (and also the Baghdad Prayer Patrol surge) until the beginning of this week.
– Violence in and around Baghdad is down 59 percent.
– Car bombs are down 65 percent.
– Casualties from car bombs and roadside bombs are down by 80 percent.
– Casualties from enemy attacks down 77 percent.
– Operations against Iraqi security forces are down 62 percent.
– Assassination attempts for sectarian reasons are down 72 percent.
Do I hear an amen!
Thank you so much for your faithfulness in prayer.
Only heaven will reveal how much our little Prayer Patrol is contributing to these successes.
Let us not grow weary in well-doing.
Our troops are still there, the Iraqi people are still suffering, our job is not done. Rejoice, give thanks to God for His faithfulness, be encouraged, then strap on your boots and get back on patrol, we’ve got a job to do.